Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Something New

The end of last semester was a bit rough. I knew I had to go home which is always a struggle, but I also had to say goodbye to one of my closest friends at school (she transferred). As anxious as I was to get home and see the light of my life (my little nephew) I was sad to see the semester end. The good part about all of this was that christmas break was only 2 & 1/2 weeks this year! So, I knew I would be returning very soon. Thus my journey home began.

The first night home was rough just because I didn't get in until after midnight. Therefore, I basically slept the entire next day. After that day and night of sleeping I was back on a normal schedule. I get up the next day and I am excited to play with my nephew and just get to chat with my mother. However, my mother works nights and so she was sleeping all day long. So I didn't get to even say hello to her until she had a day off. I have got to spend most of my break with my sister and her son. My nephew is my pride and joy! He means the absolute world to me and nothing can ever take that away from me. But on the other side of the story, my and my sister fight and argue all the time. We almost never get along. To make matters worse, my father and I get into arguments as well. 

What made everything even worse is that this entire time, there was a big possibility of me not going back to school. 

While this break started off horrible and miserable, things did seem to get better. I finally got to see my mother and chat with her. We spent some great quality time together. My sister, my dad, and myself stopped arguing and we seem to still be getting along. But the biggest question of all had to be was I going back to school?

Finally after days of emailing and phone calls, it is determined that I WILL be RETURNING to school this semester. 

I think what has made this break the best is that through all the heart ache and sadness I have learned to trust in God more than ever. And that is something that is very new to me. I try to do things on my own and I know now that I can't. 

I am now turning to God for everything. Yes, this may sound lame to some people out there, but there is no doubt in my mind that Jesus is my Lord and savior. 

No comments:

Post a Comment